R.I.9980地区大会でのスピーチ

Sunday, 7th June 1997

第2660地区GSEチーム団長

中島 守(大阪住吉ロータリークラブ)

"Kon-nichiwa!" Dear fellow Rotarians!

Greetings from the District 2660 Osaka, Japan.This is our great privilege and joy to take a part in this great conference of your district.

Our team traveled quite extensively and visited many places. Here is some records: We traveled over 2000 kms. and visited 17 Rotary Clubs, 15 industries and factories, 13 educational institutions, 10 farms, 7 District, City and Regional Councils, and many historical locations and scenic places. Throughout the trip, I kept asking one question among many, that was, "what is the most urgent issue to you today?" The common answer was "the decline of population, that is, the loss of people." I like to make a proposal. I saw many Japanese used cars on the road in this country. Why don't you start importing "used people" next? How about four used people per one used car, wind back their age a bit. We learned to love eating "hogget," of which word I did not know till I came to New Zealand. It was very good. So here is another proposal. Export "hogget" with a recipe which tells how to get rid of smell without using oven-cooker, since cooking in the oven is not yet popular in our home in Japan. I imagine, then, you can sell more sheep meat and we can eat them more. There is one regret throughout our trip, that is we all chickened out to try "Bangy-jump." May be next time.

Lastly, I would like to express our hearty gratitude and appreciation to the Governor, Mr. Hains, the GSE chairman, Mr. Peter Jackson, and the member of the GSE committee, Mr. Ross Wensley, and all the presidents of Rotary Clubs we visited, and mostly to all the host families we stayed with for their friendly hospitality, and to all others who made our trip so fruitful and pleasant.

We would like to come back again, with our wives next time, and to see you in near future. Now let me say, thank you very very much and good-bye.

守口市総務部契約課

菅井 朗夫

Good afternoon everybody!

My name is AKI SUGAI. It is my honor to have an opportunity to say a few words in this conference.

As a member of this team, I really looked forward to meeting the people of New Zealand through home-stays.

I met many people, learned many things and experienced many things, too.

Through my experience of home-stay, I was impressed by the kindness of husbands to their wives, by helping cooking, washing and cleaning. It is quite unusual in our country. But I will try to be helpful to my wife when I go back home.

Another thing which was impressive through my visits to various Councils and Companies and Factories was ladies occupy important positions in your society. I will try to improve the positions of women in our society when I go back to Japan.

I will never forget the wonderful trips to Mt. Cook and the Milford Sound. I also remember the beautiful golf course of Kelvin Heights under the beautiful weather. But my score was the worst.

I thank you very much for your warm hospitality which made our trip so enjoyable.

Thank you very much.

大阪府総務部人事課

蜷川 善夫

MINASAN KON-NICHIWA!

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.

My name is Yoshio Ninagawa. It is my great pleasure to be here in this conference.

Let me start off by saying a little more about Osaka. As you saw in the video, Osaka Prefecture is located approximately in center of Japanese archiperago, which population is about 9 million. But its landmass is considerably less than Greater Dunedin, about 60% of Greater Dunedin.

Just imagine how much the density is !?

So, my first impression here is few people, much space, and lots of natural beauties. I envy your environment.

One of my hobbies is to play rugby football. On my first Friday in this country, I watched a thrilling and exciting game at Carisbrook Stadium. After the game, at the reception for the players, I had an opportunity to make a short presentation on behalf of Osaka Rugby Foot- Ball Union. It was my great honor to have such an opportunity in front of the people of "The World's Greatest Rugby Country." That was one of the thoughtfully arranged programs by your rotary club.

Since I came here in this country, I was given a chance to see inside New Zealand homes and visited many places; farms, factories, schools, local governments, trip to Mt. Cook and Milford Sound, etc. Each program you organized for us is all well-arranged, timely, impressive and full of hospitalities.

I took many photos everywhere I visited. One of my hosts said "You Japanese are "click click" people." Yes I quite agree. I also took a lot of photos. I'll show them to my family and my fellow colleague when I go back to Japan.

There is one more important photo for me. But no one can see this photo. Because it is printed deep in my heart. It is the photo of your kindness and hospitality. I received a warm welcome everywhere I visited, from not only rotarians but also from small children. I was deeply impressed

by their warm heart. I'll remember them forever as one of my treasures.

New Zealand is now the second home country of my heart. Thank you again for your kindness and hospitality !!

大阪市総務局行政部文書課

河村浩一

Good afternoon.

My name is Koichi Kawamura. But I am called Paul in this country. I'm working at Osaka City Council.

First of all, thank you for your friendship, hospitality, nice meals and beer.

While I had an enjoyable time with many friendly families and other Rotary Club members, I learned a lot of things about this country. For example, the difference of culture, the ways of thinking, life styles and the manners. I want to show you one of my experiences.

Most of the Japanese say "yes" even when they don't agree or they don't understand the meaning what others say. I'm not an exception.

Because of saying "yes", I sometimes lost a chance to get another delicious cake and a chance to go to the place I wanted to go.

Anyway, the subject of our GSE study is the administrative or social reforms of your country. I heard a lot of your frank opinions about it, not only a success story, but also the other side of the story. I got valuable information which I can't get from only books.

I really appreciate you for offering us useful opportunities to study. I will never forget my time with you. Thank you.

枚方市都市環境部環境公害課

山本 豊

Good afternoon everybody.

My name is Yutaka Yamamoto. I am working for Hirakata city office in Osaka Japan. As I am working for resource management, the natural environment of this country is a surprise to me. In this country, the resource management act was issued in 1991, and still you have lots of beautiful environment .

1990's is called as green decade, and your country has been carrying on your own green decade. I am sure that this decade must be important years for the resource management in future .

Through this GSE program, I realize you are very keen on environment pollution. I think that is something we have to learn.

Personally, I was trying to purchase New Zealand wine , vegetables , or other stuffs, because I believe the food products from New Zealand is the most chemical free products in the world.

Now, I got a kiwi taste, I think I will look for products from your country in the store after I go back home .

I appreciate you giving me these opportunity and your hospitality, thank you.