4. Team introduction

Introduction of Henk Veenbergen (team leader)

Making this report after the GSE Tour, once again you realize what a wonderful time we had in the Osaka area of district 2660. I did not realize the impact in advance. Afterwards you like to share this feeling with all who were involved. So I think it is good, as the team members, do to introduce myself. Henk Veenbergen is my name. For more than 35 years I am working as a floristry- and landscape designer. I am a father of three daugthers and one son and I am deforced. When I was fourty years old, I became a member of Rotary, so being 55 at this time, 15 years until now. Ofcourse I was very happy to be chosen as the team leader of the Group Study Exchange to Japan. Maybe my former experiences in Japan, when I was a landscape designer for more then two and a half months, were one of the reasons to be chosen as the team leader. Two years ago I disigned a park in Kunimura with Dutch themes on the island of Honshu. My enthusiasm about the GSE Tour resulted in the membership of the GSE Committee in our district 1560 and I will invest much time to propagate this Rotary activity for tours from and to our district in the future. It is amazing to realize that, thanks to my Japanese experience, a new client of mine asked me to design a garden based on the Japanese principles. Thanks to all the information during my stay, the vocational days and the literature we are developing it now. Thanks to the relations with Japanese collegues diverse materials are imported from Japan.

The team members will introduce themselves. Elsewhere in this report we will inform you about our presentation. All the Japanese experiences resulted in some critical reflections by the team members, also based upon their personal knowledge in their own field. Ofcourse the time was too short to fathon all aspects of Japanese society. They did it in all modesty and with fully respect. At least opinions changed in a absolutely positive way.

Introduction of Renate Bergman

I am Renate Bergman, 29 years old and working as an educational advisor at the Medisch Spectrum Twente hospital in Enschede, the Netherlands. My mentor and a former colleague of mine, Albert Eekers (Rotary Nijverdal), brought the GSE Tour to my notice. It seemed a unique opportunity to get to know more about Japanese people and their culture, so I applied.

Introduction of Marco Elout

My name is Marco Elout, I am thirty years old and I live in the city of Arnhem. I studied Public and Social management. This education gave me insight into policy, organizational and financial aspects of (government) organizations. During my study I discovered as a trainee and volunteer that financial accounting is an important foundation for succesfull businessship. This notion has been of considerable influence for the planning of my career.

At this time I work as a financial consultant at Eiffel Consultancy. In this function I have been responsible for the subsidizing of different welfare organizations, I have been in charge as a controller of the salesdepartment of an agricultural company, I have been hired to examine the salary administration of a government organization and I was an interim controller of the Medical Services of Schiphol Airport.

I like to spend my leisure by camping, sailing, swimming and taking photographs. Further I like to go to museums for modern art and I like to go to rockconcerts.

Introduction of Marjo Evers

I'm Marjo Evers, 31 years old and I live in Enschede.After secondary school I studied Physiotherapy in Arnhem. I passed my exam in 1993 and I continued studying Human Movement Science at the University of Groningen, where I graduated in 1996.

Since three years I'm working as a consultant in the field of work rehabilitation a company called the Roessingh Diensten Groep. It's a company directly related to a rehabilitation centre. I'm working at the "Work rehabilitation unit". The objective of this unit is to stimulate recovery and work resumption of clients with a work incapacity, into the working society. I work in a team that consists of physicians, psychologists, physiotherapists etc. Together with the client we try to find a suitable job. In my spare time I play volleyball, I like skiing, skating and hiking.

Introduction of Ronald van Lienden My name is Ronald van Lienden

I am thirty years old and I am living together with my girlfriend in Arnhem. I studied Logistics Management at the Venlo Polytechnic and Business Administration at the University of Groningen. Currently I am working for Accenture in the field of supply chain management. I have done several projects in The Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom, mostly related to warehouse designs. My hobbies are tennis, skiing, mountain biking, travelling and reading.

Introduction of Martina Molendijk

My name is Martina Molendijk. I am 25 years old. After finishing teachers college I studied one year of remedial teaching. This one year course gives you specific information on how to deal with children with learning difficulties. After finishing this year I decided to go to Australia for one year to work and travel. I now teach the third and fourth grade on the Montessori primary school in Duiven. In my spare time I like to travel, read books, play the guitar and do various sports.